If you want to eat healthy and delicious no-bake brownies, look no further! These brownies are packed with fiber, minerals, vitamins, healthy fats and of course, flavour. This recipe for Vegan and gluten-free chocolate brownies is adapted from Yovana’s recipe!
The main ingredients for these brownies are dates and cashews. This is a quick, simple and easy recipe to follow. Learn how to make these below:
– 15 to 20 pitted dates (pre-soak for 15 minutes)
– 1 cup of ground cashews
– 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
– ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
– a pinch of salt
– 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa nibs (optional)
Note: If you add too much cocoa powder or cocoa nibs, add one or two tablespoons of maple syrup for balance!
1. In a food processor, grind a cup of cashews until it looks like this:
2. Add the remaining ingredients and process until combined. The mixture should clump like this:
3. Grease a pan with a little coconut oil or any oil you prefer. Press the mixture down like so:
4. Freeze the brownies for an hour. If you leave them in too long, let them thaw on the counter for 15 minutes before cutting into it.
Note: After freezing, keep brownies stored in fridge.
5. Enjoy! Add a ganache to your brownies, eat with fruit, peanut butter, yogurt or enjoy plain 🙂
But how much did it cost?
I bought the ingredients I didn’t have at Bulk Barn:
– 2 cups of split raw cashews for $5.07
– 1 ½ cup of dates for $0.88
– 1 cup of raw cocoa nibs for $2.71
Check out more recipes here.