Today marks my blog’s one year anniversary. Happy birthday Desserts & DIYs (original name)!
HOW IT ALL BEGAN
When I was six years old, I started getting constant abdominal pain and vomiting. These episodes would last between a day and a week and resulted in me being hospitalized hundreds of times. You can read the rest of that story here. Today, I’m 21 and I only truly stopped getting frequently ill about 2 years ago by first drastically changing my diet to a gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian one and second by taking care of my mental health.
My entire life changed after discovering a new type of cuisine. And it was important for me to share that story with the people around me and be an active voice in the health and wellness space as a woman of colour.
- Collab with other bloggers (guest posts, YouTube videos, workshops+)
- Transition to a Vegan lifestyle
- Start a YouTube channel
- Collab with organizations + small businesses
- Gain 1,000 followers on Instagram and Pinterest
- Introduce a shop on my site
- Post food recipes
- Gain over 5,000 views
- Inspire as many people as I can
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE AND I HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME ON MY JOURNEY!